This page details information pertaining to the Co-Labulance such as specs, operation, maintenance & other useful items.
- Model: 1981 Chevrolet G30 Van with Ambulance conversion from Stratus (Mid-Continet Specialty Vehicles)
- Engine: LT9 350 cu. in. 5.7L V8, a.k.a Gen 1, Small Block Chevy, SBC
- Transmission: TH250?
- Fuel: Unleaded 87 Octane Gasoline, 0% Ethanol blend
- Weight Class: over 8500 GVWR, 1 Ton
- Safety Equipment: Seat Belts
- Seating: 2 in front, 4 in rear, 1 on gurney
- Keys are located in the key box, has a laser-etched acrylic Gearhead key chain attached.
- Separate keys for doors & ignition, they are not interchangeable.
- Check fluid levels such as coolant, oil, washer fluid, fuel before starting vehicle.
- Check for puddles or fresh spots under vehicle. Look for objects laying around on pavement that could damage the tires.
- Ensure electrical system is activated by rotating the battery cutoff switch (located on right-hand side of driver's seat towards the floor) to "1" & make sure no other lights or equipment are on, other than the dome light (if any of the doors are open).
- Insert key into ignition on dash, pump gas pedal only twice, turn key clockwise to start.
- If it's cold or fails to start after a few rotations, give it ONE extra pedal pump.
- Seat Belts!
- Check dash for any warning lights or gauges reading High, Low, or Hot.
- Check side mirrors & seats for visibility & comfort.
- Automatic Transmission, so this should be straightforward - foot on the brake before shifting, make sure you're stopped before going to Park, Reverse, etc...
- While on the road, give plenty of room to stop & go. Slow down for corners & PUMP the brakes if they lock up, they DO NOT have ABS!
- When parking, ensure everything is turned off. Ensure the battery switch is rotated to OFF & all the doors are locked (driver, passenger, sliding & rear doors).
- Wheels: 16" Rim size, 8 bolt Ford 3/4 Ton Steel, sand blasted & painted Spring 2013
- Tires: LT225/75R16 STARFIRE SF510 E BLK - April 2013
- Carburetor: Edelbrock 1406 Performer Series 650? CFM with Electric Choke - Oct. 2013
- Alternator: GM CS144 style, Remy Part #9999? - Oct. 2014
- Tires - April 2013, XX miles
- Air Filter
- Oil Change
- Spark Plugs
- Ignition Wires
- Cap & Rotor
IMPORTANT NOTES: The Co-Labulance is big, heavy, & old, so it's not sporting many features of today's vehicles on the road. She's considered a classic, so please treat her has such!