The vinyl cutter requires some training to operate. Please see one of the certified trainers or review the online training material listed below before operating the equipment. In-person & online training are provided at no cost to members. NOTE: those that take the online training or have prior vinyl cutting experience still need a sign off from a certified trainer to make sure the material have been covered.
|David Hinkle||[email protected]||Fiat|
|Keith Claussen||[email protected]||David Hinkle|
Emergency Support and Maintenance
Any issues with the cutter please see a trainer or send an email out to the list. Please do not attempt repairs without instruction. The cutter has a manufacturer's warranty until 19 Sept. 2014 & free lifetime telephone support though uscutter.com.
- USCutter SC Series
- 30 inch max material width
- Blade Type: Standard Roland & compatible blades
- Command sets: DM-PL HP/GL automatic identification
- Motor Type: Stepper
- Interface: Serial Port & USB2.0
- Max Cutting Length: 144 in / 12 ft
- Max Downforce Pressure: 800 g
- Max Speed: 31 in/s
- Memory: 1MB - Recyclable
- Power Requirements: AC220V/110V,50Hz~60Hz
- Repetition Accuracy: 0.005IN (0.127 MM)
- Resolution: 0.001Inch/step (0.0254mm/step)
- Contour Cutting: Yes - Manual
- OS Compatibility: Windows, Mac OSX
- What it can cut: Standard Vinyl, Heat Transfer Vinyl, Paper, Craft Paper, Card Stock, Paint Mask
- What it cannot cut: Tint, Laminate, Sand Blast Resist, Low-Intensity Reflective, High-Intensity Reflective, Un-backed or un-linered media without the use of a carrier sheet
Drivers to operate the cutter: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm Blade cutter setup, feeding vinyl in & operation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esdiM6RuLjg#t=05m58s
- Plug in the power & USB cable.
- Turn the Vinyl cutter on.
- Flip the levers up for the pinch rollers in the back of the cutter.
- Load Material into the cutter using the tick mark gauge on both sides.
- Flip the levers down on the pinch rollers.
- Set the 'home' position of the cutter.
- Use the feed control to set the start point of the vinyl.
- Adjust the pressure & cutting rate, if needed.
- Open the 'Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3' software.
- Open an existing project or start a new one.
- Canvas height can be what the project needs, but width should not exceed the size of the vinyl loaded in the cutter.
- Import vector based file formats like SVG or Illustrator formats, if needed.
- Text coming from other sources than SCAL needs to be rendered as paths instead of raw text, or it won't cut.
- When the project is ready to cut, Go to Cutter > US Cutter to open the cutting window.
- Click 'Test Connection.' If the cutter doesn't do anyhing, press the [Reset] button on the cutter. Click 'Test Connection' again.
- Select 'Origin' or 'WYSIWYG' and make sure the blade offset is set correctly for the blade (0.25mm for 45 deg, 0.40 for 60 deg).
- Click Cut
Blade Offset: 0.25mm